Happily Ever after?
Thank God for Alanis Morissette.
Before the Christmas arrival of her son, Ever Imre, 2010 was a downright boring year for celebrity baby names. Admit it, we all enjoy hearing about crazy baby names bestowed on the innocent progeny of the rich and famous. Remember Apple? Bronx Mowgli? Moxie CrimeFighter? Thank you Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin, Ashley Simpson & Pete Wentz, and Penn & Emily Jillette for those gems.
Actually, compared to those poor kids, little Ever got off easy. (Sure, Ever might seem like a cute name, but imagine having this conversation – “No, not Evan, Ever. Not Everett. E-V-E-R” – every day of your life. Well, at least she didn't name him Irony.)
Otherwise, celebrity parents had a rare moment of collective sanity and opted for classic names this year. Grace, Olivia, Eli, Louis, Molly, Levi, Stella – sounds like a lovely pre-school class, doesn’t it? Here are BabyCenter’s lists of best and worst celebrity names this year, as chosen by their users:
- Grace Margaret (Mark Wahlberg & Rhea Durham)
- Harper Grace (Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka)
- Aviana Olea (Amy Adams & Darren Legallo)
- Olivia Marie (Lance Armstrong & Anna Hansen)
- Bryn (Bethenny Frankel & Jason Hoppy)
- Eli (Rachel Dratch & John Wahl)
- Stella Zavala (Matt Damon & Luciana Bozán Barroso)
- Gia Francesca (Mario Lopez & Courtney Laine Mazza)
- Levi James (Sheryl Crow)
- Easton (Jenna and Bodhi Elfman)
- Buddy Bear Maurice (Jamie Oliver & Juliette Norton)
- Egypt Daoud (Alicia Keys & Kaseem Dean)
- Cosima (Claudia Schiffer & Matthew Vaughn)
- Axel (Will Ferrell & Viveca Paulin)
- Krishna (Padma Lakshmi)
- Gideon Scott (Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka)
- Billie Beatrice (Eric Dane & Rebecca Gayheart)
- Abel James (Amy Poehler & Will Arnett)
- Vida (Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves)
- Nelson (Céline Dion & René Angélil)
Of course, best and worst are subjective. Personally, I think Gideon is great, but I’m not crazy about Bryn. To each their own… except for poor little Buddy Bear. We can all agree that’s a terrible name, right? At least Jamie Oliver should have plenty of money to pay for the future therapy. What are your picks for the best and worst celebrity baby names of 2010?